Chrome for Android was just updated to version 25.0.1364.123. If you have an Android phone or tablet running Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) or Jelly Bean (4.1 and 4.2). You can grab the update from Google Play Store. So, the version on desktop and Android is similar now. For older versions of Android, Chrome is not available.
Previous update of Chrome for Android was released in November, and the version was 18.0.1026311. It is easy to find out this is a major update (from V18 to V25), and now the Android one reaches the identical version of the desktop. This implies Chrome for Android will be updated more frequently.
The major changes in this update include
- Improved scrolling performance
- Increased responsiveness to pinch-zooming on pages
- Audio now continues to play while Chrome is in the background
- Expanded support for HTML5 features
- Support for pausing audio in Chrome when phone is in use (note: this requires an additional permission)
So, it is obvious Google is on the track of replacing the stock Android web browser (usually it is named as Internet app) with this Chrome for Android in next one or two years.
If you have an Android phone or tablet running Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) or Jelly Bean (4.1 and 4.2). You can grab the update from Google Play Store.